We seek out the best. And we treat them that way.
Athens employees work hard for our clients, and we work just as hard for them. That’s why we’ve developed a comprehensive, industry-leading benefits structure that respects balance, supports achievement and rewards exceptionalism.
We hire exceptional individuals, and give them a place to grow.
We’re committed to promoting from within. We post most new job opportunities internally, and strongly encourage internal applications. In fact, over the past year, we’ve filled 27% of new positions with internal candidates.
Our roots go all the way back to 1937. Today, we’re still owned and operated by the founding family. That’s unique in an industry defined by constant mergers and acquisitions. We’re committed to staying privately held and creating a long-term, sustainable business that helps both our team members and clients thrive.
Growth, stability and consistency.
Between 2006 and 2012, while global economic conditions were difficult, we achieved an impressive +90% growth. Between 2013 and 2017, we intend to double again in size. Because we serve a wide variety of clients, we’re not dependent on any one segment of the marketplace. That diversification helps ensure stability.
Several members of the Athens family have been with us for more than 20 years. This helps us remain focused on our core values. While we’ve evolved over the years, our commitment to our clients and our staff has remained unwavering.
Looking out for each other, and our community.
We offer a wide variety of wellness programs and initiatives to encourage healthy lifestyles both at work and at home. And we support our employees’ involvement in the community. As a company, we offer substantial, ongoing support for worthwhile charitable efforts and philanthropic causes.
A range of benefits that go above and beyond.
We’re proud to offer an exceptional work environment in which our team members enjoy both a generous salary and an extensive range of benefits. We’ve designed our benefits program to be extremely competitive, while helping ensure it empowers our employees to lead fulfilled, healthy and happy lives.
- The development of an exclusive insurance product that is truly beneficial to their members
- Competitive base pay
- Annual incentive awards when the company meets established goals
- Health, dental and vision care coverage
- Retirement and savings plans
- Disability and life insurance
- Domestic partner benefits for same-sex or opposite-sex partners
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company-provided funding
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Access to counseling services and treatment facilities
- Compressed work-week schedules and flex-time options
- Long-term care (company provided after five years’ service)
- Health and wellness programs with a wide variety of incentives
- Recognition and service awards programs
- Ergonomic evaluations and massages
- A work environment that supports professional, personal and physical well-being
Best Place to Work
- The Concord office has won this award 9 times, most recently reaching #5 for Best Places to Work in the Bay Area in 2017. Read more >
- The San Diego office won Best Places to Work in 2016 by the San Diego Business Journal.
- The Orange office won Top Workplaces in Orange County for 2016 by the Orange County Register.